Controller – Remote
Peerless Search Partners is very excited for it’s newest search assignment. We have partnered with a growing healthcare company, who is private equity backed, and looking to build out their accounting department.
This is a remote position but the candidate must be in the United States and able to work without any type of sponsorship.
The Controller assists in the oversight of the organization’s accounting functions and all activities related to the budgeting and forecasting of financial data; including expenses, capital outlays,revenues, and tax handling functions.
The Controller is responsible for providing direct supervision of the accounting team and therefore demonstrates excellence in functional, technical, and process leadership. The Controller ensures that the organization has the systems and procedures in place to support effective operations. In addition, works closely with department leaders and their staff, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures but also to leverage the finance function in support of organizational operations.
• Manage month-end and year-end reporting, prepare accruals and schedules, and submit monthly financial reporting packages.
• Manage the daily activity, coordination, and evaluation of the accounting team, including interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, directing work, executing performance reviews, addressing complaints, resolving problems, and rewarding and developing employees.
• Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits, and collections, payroll.
• Develop, improve, and ensure the issue of timely monthly financial reports.
• Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions.
• Facilitate the preparation for and management of external audits.
• Ensure compliance with current industry audit practices and requirements.
• Work with Revenue Cycle to ensure timely payments for services
• Work with operations and IT to ensure timeliness of information and workflow is accurate
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA preferred.
• 7+ years of Accounting experience with 2+ years experience in a leadership role.
• Healthcare experience is a plus
• Experience with Revenue Cycle is strongly preferred
Apply today or contact me directly at; firstname.lastname@example.org