Director of Payroll
Peerless Search Partners is very excited for it’s newest search assignment. We have partnered with a growing healthcare company, who is private equity backed, and looking to build out their accounting department.
This is a remote position but the candidate must be in the United States and able to work without any type of sponsorship
We are looking to hire a dynamic Payroll Director to join our company’s financial department. You’ll be responsible for directing all aspects of payroll operations, which include overseeing company payments, reviewing payroll changes, and compiling payroll summaries for management review.
To ensure success as a Payroll Director, you should be able to create suitable financial strategies for the continuous improvement of payroll systems.
Payroll Director Responsibilities:
• Managing all aspects of the payroll process, such as approving transactions and reviewing exemptions.
• Changing individual payrolls as stipulated by management, such as tax deductions or salary adjustments.
• Maintaining payroll systems and reporting any issues to management.
• Supervising personnel involved in payroll and ensuring the best financial practices are adhered to.
• Auditing payroll transactions to ensure that accounts, payment dates, and taxes are accurate and up to date.
• Creating monthly and annual payroll reports for management review.
• Ensuring all payroll systems comply with federal tax laws.
• Attending to any payroll-related queries or questions from employees.
Payroll Director Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, human resource management, or a similar field is preferred.
• At least three years’ experience as a Payroll Director or Payroll Manager.
• Excellent knowledge of payroll software
• Familiarity with labor legislation and federal tax laws.
• The ability to ethically work with employee-sensitive information.
• Solid knowledge of data entry management.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with team members.
• Experience implementing best practices and building policies and procedures.
Apply today or email firstname.lastname@example.org